Sunday, December 31, 2023

stash report December 31, 2023

 This is the last stash report for 2023. I am encouraged by an improvement in my numbers from last year. I added 27 more yards of fabric than I did in 2022 ( 2022 -141 yards) - wrong direction, but, not so bad. I used 302 yards more of fabric than 2022. In 2022, I used 133 yards of fabric more than I bought in 2022. But, this year, I used 381 yards more than I bought. That is a good improvement.

I added a beautiful batik neutral to my stash. I hope to use more of my stash and reduce. I really want to stop buying or bringing home. My home is bulging at the seams. I must keep reminding myself that I am working on ufos that already have the fabric I need in the project bag. This year I have been adding more neutrals which I am more likely to need with my projects. 

2 yards

stash report December 31, 2023

fabric added this week:  2 yards 

fabric added year to date for 2023: 168 1/4 yards 

fabric used: 0 yards donated
fabric used year to date for 2023: 576 yards 

378.75  yards used more than bought in 2023

I sewed 3 days last week. My sewing time has been a challenge. When my Granddaughter moved in with us, my room became impossible where everything was dumped to make room. And, I have not wanted to sew here at home anymore. I need to make this work. Hopefully, in the new year, I will organize and adapt.

I am working on a cross stitch sampler designed by Melissa at pinker n punkin - I think it can be found hereSquare number two is finished enough to move on to another frame for the 3rd square. It sure is cute.

2

Last year's report

Stash report December 18, 2022

fabric added: 4.25 yards
fabric added year to date: 141 yards 

fabric used: 0 yards     

fabric used year to date: 274 yards  

133 yards used more than bought. 


I am linking to:

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful stitching! Happy New Year and Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a pretty batik - you'll find places to use that one! Looks like your cross-stitching is going well. Happy New Year, Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent stash numbers! It seems we are all good and finding something we can improve on. But 576 yards out is exceptional! Hopefully you can find a way to adapt to sharing space with your granddaughter. Happy stitching in 2024!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the stash results and hope that you have the chance to do some organizing so you will enjoy your space more in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maggie - I am not a quilter, but I am a cross-stitcher, and my "habit" is buying new patterns (or asking other people to buy me patterns as gifts). My current "stash" of projects will take me YEARS to complete!!! So, I can relate. I am linking up to Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching for the first time - I am number 22 if you want to stop by for a visit! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your quilting accomplishments this year and your fortitude for stashbusting. But that batik neutral is a good acquisition that will come in very useful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Spring sampler by Melisa - the blue birds just make me so happy! I know you will find a way to get your stitchy areas working better for you in 2024 - Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great goal to use up more fabric than you buy. That would be a tough one for me. I hope you had a lovely New Year! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/01/03/wednesday-wait-loss-361

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great numbers for the year! That had to make a difference in your fabric storage area. My sewing room is also at capacity. I am also working on decluttering and purging, and not buying.

    ReplyDelete