Monday, December 11, 2023

5 quilt December 11, 2023 last one for 2023

 Last report November 20, 2023

I try to work on these 5 quilts until they are done. Their turn in the UFO closet is over, and, they need to be finished one way or another. 

I decided, in November, not to add any more projects to the 5 quilt project for the end of the year. I wanted to start over in the new year. So, this is the last report for the year.

1. strip tease pattern- the top is done. It is going into the to be quilted closet.



2. mini churndash - I have faithfully made a block a day since I pulled it out of the ufo closet. And I have an idea, now, on how I want to make the quilt. I want to mix my batch of 6 inch churn dashes in with them, and eliminate that ufo at the same time. So, this will be the first 5 quilt project of 2024.

3. shirt anvil - I have finished all the blocks and have started on sashing. This is my one monthly goal, again, in December, to make it to the top stage.


4.  sweet pea - is finished


5.  patriotic sail boat kit. I used a random number generator to pick this UFO. But, I am not thrilled with finishing this. - I gave it away

new number 4.  for 2024 -Hollow nine that I have been making along with the rainbow scrap challenge this year. 

New number 5. for 2024 is rick rack nines, a bonnie hunter quilt

summary for 2023 - I have one left to finish by the end of the year - anvil- and, then, I start over in 2024. It has been an interesting year. I have finished more quilts than I thought I would. I have reduced the number of UFOs, and, I haven't started any new quilts. I hope to start the year with a plan to finish more quilting and UFOs. 

MY  next on the longarm of my own quilts in the 'to be quilted' closet. 

1. old world mystery - frame, basted, quilted, finished

2. full stop punctuation - frame, basted, quilted, finished


3. cheddar jubilee - lost

customer pause

4. crayon - frame, basted, quilted, finished

5. crab apple hill snow days, frame, basted

new 1 chunky churn dash

too many circles

show off

I am linking:


8 comments:

  1. Strip Tease turned out beautifully! That dark border really makes the quilt shine. Good luck with your goal for 2024. You did pretty well in 2023.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every one of those quilts is awesome, but the Strip Tease one really catches the eye. Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Strip Tease quilt is a real beauty! It turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Besides the beautiful Strip Tease, I really like the Sweet Pea quilt. Good job on your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your strip tease top. . .it is to vibrant. . .lots for my eye to see!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  6. Strip Tease sure turned out nice! You have a great plan for starting off the new year. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/12/13/wednesday-wait-loss-358

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilts are great! I'm especially interested in strip tease. Is it a pattern that is still available? I'd appreciate any information. As well, for sweet pea. Thank you in advance. dfb@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are all great! I really like Strip tease! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete