Monday, November 20, 2023

5 quilts November 20, 2023

 Last report October 23, 2023

I try to work on these 5 quilts until they are done. Their turn in the UFO closet is over, and, they need to be finished one way or another. 

I have made some progress this past month. Each project has moved further along. This time of year, I am not as excited about the projects. The 5 quilt project has helped me stay on track and complete more than I had hoped. I have officially, not started any new projects this year, and, that has been hard. It is hard for me to find inspiration if I can't get all giddy about a new project. Although, with an aging memory, most of the UFOs are almost like new haha.

1.. strip tease pattern- I have begun rows. I will make 4 before I start the top. I have to find clever ways to motivate me to match all the seams. Christmas movies to the rescue.


2.. spoolin around leader ender challenge 2013 - The spools top is finished. I really like it and plan for it to be on my bed for awhile after the Christmas quilt is put away.




3. mini churndash - I have faithfully made a block a day since I pulled it out of the ufo closet. And I have an idea, now, on how I want to make the quilt. I want to mix my batch of 6 inch churndashes in and eliminate that ufo at the same time. So, this will be the first 5 quilt project of 2024.

A good quilty Lucy friend gave me a few mini churn dash blocks, so, that I can have her in my quilt, too. I love what she did. Her blocks always make me smile.


4. shirt anvil - My goal for November was to finish all 80  blocks. I am nearly there. 

love the shirt fabric
5.  sweet pea - The top is ready for quilting. woohoo I have added it to the to be quilted closet and will drop it off the list

                                                                                                                                                            


New number 2.  patriotic sail boat. I used a random number generator to pick this UFO. But, I am not thrilled with finishing this.

kit I purchased long ago

new number 5. Hollow nine that I have been making along with the rainbow scrap challenge this year. 


MY  next on the longarm of my own quilts in the 'to be quilted' closet. 

1. old world mystery - frame, basted, quilting,

2. full stop punctuation

customer pause

3. cheddar jubilee

4. crayon

5. crab apple hill snow days

I am linking:


5 comments:

  1. you are working on a lot of quilts all of them are done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for your endless progress! I don't know that I could go without starting any new projects. Really that seems impossible. But I do love your anvils, and so on. I think the sailboat looks awesome. But then, that's me. At least it looks to be a smallish size.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done really well with your 5 quilt challenge this year. I did the "no new projects" the last couple of years, but found I do better on getting the UFOs finished if I add in a few new things too. Sounds like you are really close to finishing up a few more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a great plan in place. The strip tease quilt really caught my eye. It will be especially fun to watch that one come together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My thoughts are on gifts that I need to make as well as items to make for my booth that will sell for gifts.

    ReplyDelete