Friday, November 17, 2023

spoolin around finish

My spoolin around quilt is finished. spoolin around was the second quiltville leader/ ender challenge in 2013.  I opened the UFO box in August to find all the blocks in groups of four. I discovered that some of the blocks were not pieced right, so, I redid the majority of blocks. I had the center pieced by the end of September. I had the top ready to quilt the end of October. This is my 25th ufo finish this year and part of my 5 quilts project. I added it to the list when the new leader/ ender challenge was announced. I did the same thing last year and finished dotty bow ties


91 x 100 = 25 yards

Finding a good time to take pictures in the fall is a challenge. There is either no sunshine or windy. We drug it all over our place looking for the right spot. Even, had the little weed stickies on the back LOL

8 comments:

  1. That is a Fabulous quilt!! the inside is amazing but that border - Total icing on the cake!! Love this one so much!!
    Thanks for adding it to Finished or Not Friday!! I appreciate it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive. The unexpected border works well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on a very cool finish! So 25 UFO finishes this year. Your 5 quilts approach has been really successful this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beaut! It's always amazing how much farther along those "put away" projects are than we remember when we put them away, LOL!! I have not tried one the Quiltville leader/ender challenges yet -- I'm still eyeing the Chedder Bow Ties. Kudos on getting 25 UFOs completed and the year is not even over yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilt! Love the green background in the border!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful quilt! Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know what has me more flabbergasted ... that you didn't give up on a 10-year-old WIP or that you redid the majority of the blocks! Good for you for bringing this beauty to the finish line!

    ReplyDelete