Friday, January 20, 2023

dotty bow ties finish

 Dotty bow ties is done. My first finish for the year is the first quiltville leader/ ender challenge from 2011 - 2012. This year, when the new leader/ender was announced, I decided, rather than start a new project/quilt, I would go back, and actually finish the ones I have already started. I have started each new challenge over the years, but have finished two.

72 x 72

12 yards of fabric 

I used as leftover dotty fabric for the binding 

I used 2 larger pieces of pink for the back. I free motioned circles on the longarm.

If I continue finishing the leader/ ender UFOs, spools would be next from 2012- 2013. I know I have many many spools made and ready. If I remember right, I may have swapped with others on that block. I would have to wait for an opening on the 5 quilt list.

I am linking to:

TGIFF

TGIFF different     here  and here

please consider signing up to host the weekly party here 

14 comments:

  1. You've made so many beautiful Bonnie quilts, dotty bowties is another one. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sure is a great scrap quilt - love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on a lovely UFO finish. I applaud anyone who can actually do the leaders and enders technique. I try and fail, then just finish the piecing as normal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on an amazing finish! I love it. So bright and cheerful.

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh! Love it! I’m a fan of polka dots!well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty finish, Maggie! I love the bowtie blocks and all those dots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been admiring this all along -- wonderful to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun and colorful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your finish of Dotty Bow Ties. It is a cheery and fun quilt. Thanks for sharing in TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun, Maggie! Congrats on your latest quilt finish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this turned out really nicely. Gorgeous! Love the setting and the wonderful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I've never made a leader & ender quilt, but yours has surely inspired me. Where can I find information about these (since you mentioned different designs for different years)? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea to finish what you've started although I bet it's so tempting to jump on another Bonnie Hunter challenge since her quilts are so pretty. What a lovely finish! That dotty binding is perfect. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete