Saturday, January 14, 2023

strip weave

 I have more blue 2 1/2 inch strips than just about any other kind of scraps. It is always a good idea to try and whittle these down a bit. I made these blue weave type block for the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy. This little bit won't help much. I found a whole plastic box of blue scraps that I am sorting this month. There are larger than fat quarters that will go to my stash. There are, oddly enough, 2 1/2 inch strips. Yea more! and lots of surprises.



I thought I would sneak this in as blue, but, I may need to save it for yellow. haha


My rsc plans for 2023
1. hollow nine with applique 3 1/2 inch done for blue
2. strip weave  2 1/2 inch  done for blue
3. diffusion 2 inch/ fish school(kismet) done for blue
4. cut sashing for garlic knots 1 1/2 inch
5. bright star 4 1/2 inch

10 comments:

  1. Your blocks look great! My 2.5” box also fills up when I’m not looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scraps just seem to reproduce faster than bunnies. Good luck with your efforts to tame the scrap bins. Your strip blocks look really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look like they'll make an interesting design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun with your Strip Weave blocks this year's RSC, Maggie! Hoping you will make more of a dent in the scraps than you expect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how organized you are with your 2023 goals. I don't think I have figured out all my blocks yet this year. It is dangerous visiting all the links!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny how we find treasures and the more we use scraps, the more we have. Have an awesome day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great scrap buster blocks, . I will do something similar but small till the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fascinating block. You will having playing with a variety of layouts, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great block choice for RSC! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete