Monday, January 23, 2023

5 quilts january 23, 2023

 last report 5 quilts January 6, 2023

I try to work on these 5 quilts until they are done. Their turn in the UFO closet is over, and, they need to be finished one way or another. I decided that for 2023, rather than work a little on each one at a time, I would concentrate on just one. I still use the list to plan and look ahead. My focus will be circa 1880 until it is a complete finish. It will probably be my one monthly goal for February. The new UFOs added to the list have more piecing and assembling to do. That will give me time on the longarm for quilts that are ready for quilting.

1. dotty bow ties finished


2. circa 1880-  More about this here.  I have the ends finished and I am looking for the perfect border from my stash. I don't want to add much border or it won't fit on the long arm LOL. I think it needs something.


3. sea swept finished - no photos yet.


4. twisted braid - All the pieces were cut when I opened the box. I started sewing blocks at my Friday sewing group meeting. I got just so far, and there was a mistake on the cutting. I need to add more strips. It will be my portable project for group sews.


5. radiant star from 2012 -My notes say it is a finished top but not in the to be quilted closet. So it must need a back and binding AND OF COURSE QUILTING.


MY  next on the longarm of my own quilts in the 'to be quilted' closet. 

1. wonderland table topper

customer pause

1. circa 1880

customer pause

2. wonky courthouse steps 2

customer pause

3. tokoyo subway

4. scrapbox chevron from 2013

5. wonky wishes 2017

checkered past

ubi

I am linking:



5 comments:

  1. I too trying to work on ufo's and get these done and moved on

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bold move, you will have to stay strong and not fall victim to squirrels! I have a lot of to dos but saw a log cabin variation I just had to try. It is very fun to do so I went down that road. Good luck getting those five moving!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got some fun scrappy quilts to finish up. You've done well at moving projects along. Fingers crossed these come off your list soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maggie I’m so very jealous of how organized your To Do List is. I really enjoy the photos of your WIPs each week and seeing the progress you make. Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday. Have lots of fabric fun this week. 😁 Carol
    QuiltSchmilt@gmail.com
    https://quiltschmilt.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This seems to be the year that everyone is concentrating on ufos! You are making great progress as always. You're so organized! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete