Monday, January 30, 2023

twisted braid ufo

I used a random number generator to pick a number from my ufo list for my 5 quilts focus. Twisted braid was the choice. My notes said that, I had cut everything in the quilt in 2018. My guess, I had a group of matching 2 1/2 strips and thought I might as well cut it into a pattern I wanted to try rather than put them away. haha. I took it with me to Friday sew. and started sewing. Something wasn't right. It called for a jelly roll, and I know I started with enough strips. But, I didn't have enough pieces for the sets of three below.


I went home, reread the directions, cut some more of  the same color families. I started again and was able to sew the rest of the blocks.    Another week, and, I had the main blocks sewn together.




Another week and I had the setting triangles made.



This a lap size quilt that is not very big. It may be the perfect quilt for a new Grandson coming this summer. Looking ahead, I will need a sashing/border fabric that was not in the box with the project. I changed the colors, and, I hope the scrappy look will look right.

9 comments:

  1. Those are very fun scrappy blocks. Hope you can find all the parts to move it to a finished quilt top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, you've been really busy... I'm sure you'll make it to the summer. It will make a wonderful baby blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be anxious to see how the blocks all fit together. It will be a great quilt for a new baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a wonderful color pallette and an interesting design from what I can tell. I'm looking forward to seeing the progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fabrics in this one. Can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is going to be a pretty, scrappy quilt when it’s finished. I’m really looking forward to seeing it put together. With the fabric and colour palette you are using borders should be fun to pick out. It will make a perfect baby quilt. Hope you have plenty of fabric fun time this week. Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the red, white, and blue color theme! What a pretty quilt this will make. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your scrappy blocks! I look forward to seeing how they go together. Yay for the future grandson. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you solved the problems. I think it's going to be fabulous, and you seem to be working fast on it.

    ReplyDelete