Wednesday, January 25, 2023

radiant star progress

I had an open sew Saturday with the guild.  I needed a piecing project to take with me, since I mistakenly thought twisted braid( number 2) would not take the whole day. Circa is number one on the 5 quilt list. It is big and needs borders. I did not want to carry that. I opened radiant star ( number 3). It needed borders, too, but, is small enough to carry with me. I pressed it, ate a piece of candy for bravery, and, then, trimmed the edges. I really dread that step. One mistake, and the whole thing blows up. Luckily, it was fine, and I was able to add two borders, easily. I took this quilt as a class at a LQS in 2012.

it will be about 50 x50


Another Ufo ready to quilt

I took another project to cut. And I worked on my twisted braid. It was not close to finishing, even after, I worked the afternoon on it.

I  am linking to:


9 comments:

  1. It always feel so good to move those UFO's along doesn't it! I have a free afternoon, perhaps I will get one of mine out and work on it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's beautiful! I understand about being nervous to trim to size. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous finish! Love this one, especially that floral border. Can't wait to see the finish. Thanks for linking up to Wednesday Wait Loss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Congrats on getting it to finished flimsy stage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is beautiful. I am glad to hear that I am not the only one who has a hard time squaring something up! That is the scariest part of the whole quilt-making process for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Radiant Star is beautiful! I'm so impressed that you didn't lose any star points when you added that first border. I always have that problem!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, Maggie! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty lone star top, Maggie! I feel the same way about trimming the top. Definitely, sustenance is needed to fuel bravery!--TerryK@OnGoing Projects

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the star. I took a class in that pattern once and enjoyed it. Always meant to make another. Maybe I still will.

    ReplyDelete