Friday, January 27, 2023

sea swept finish

Sea swept is finished and ready for our Spring guild quilt show. This was my January one monthly goal at elm street quilts. It is a beautiful quilt. I really like the colors, and, snails trail has been on my bucket list for years. All I needed to get started, was my sewing friend deciding she wanted to make one too. I started cutting in May 2021.

86 x 99

25 yards
I used a  wide flannel backing and free motion swirls on the longarm. I used leftover scraps for the binding.
 
This is all we had to make this. Linda had the pamphlet which had paper piecing blocks printed. I didn't want to paper piece, so, I guesstimated the sizes I would need to cut using templates. Linda went with darker blues and teals. I had batik fat quarters that I used. My blocks finished larger than hers.




I am linking to:

TGIFF

TGIFF different     here  and here

please consider signing up to host the weekly party here 

22 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. A snails trail quilt is also on my bucket list. Someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing a snails trail scrappy quilt - and I'm trying to figure out how you did this - this is two different blocks put together right? I might need to order a pattern but don't want to paper piece. As you have already made this would a scrappy version work out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the colors. I would have probably tackled it the non-paper-piecing route, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOohhh that's stunning. Good luck at the "show".
    Thanks for joining in TGIFF xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. That might be the most beautiful Snail's Trail I've ever seen. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous - they are my favourite colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a gorgeous quilt! Congratulations on a grand finish! I have made Shakespeare in the Park (not quilted yet) which is similar. This is fabulous! Love the colors and the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you can get the pattern here: template from AllPeopleQuilt.com (no affiliation)

    ReplyDelete
  9. An amazing quilt…
    Maria from lifeontheblock

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a beauty!!! your colors are just so pretty !!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your quilt. The blues are so nice. Storm at Sea is on my bucket list..someday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful quilt! I love your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the colors you chose, great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been waiting for this finish and it didn't disappoint. Absolutely gorgeous! What a lovely quilt. Thank you for sharing it on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful quilt. It's absolutely stunning! I've always wanted to make one but so far it's on the quilting bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so beautiful.I have to stay at your blog to look at it for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely gorgeous! This is on my “must make” list.

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete