Saturday, January 21, 2023

go fish - blue

Last year's quiltville leader / ender challenge was fish school. I did cut all the strips I would need for the triangles according to the rsc color of the month for the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy.. This year, I plan to cut the triangles and sew them into fish school blocks. These are the blue for the month of January. Eventually, I will use them in a quiltville quilt called kismet.


I am also cutting the sashings for an older ufo quiltville garlic knots. The blocks are made, but, there are these pesky sashing and border pieces that I procrastinated. I hope cutting pieces by color each month will eventually surprise me with all of them cut for this quilt. clever mental trick or complete disaster. LOL

4 comments:

  1. Tackling quilt month by month can help you to chip away at project that get stuck. I hope it does the trick for your garlic knots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking forward to seeing your quilts done

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a fan of cutting either, anything that gets me motivated to cut for a project is a win as far as I'm concerned. Happy stitching this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A complicated border does need concentration so no wonder you've put it off. I bet it will be worth it though once you have them cut and sewn! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete