Friday, January 13, 2023

swap blocks and progress

It is time to turn my attention to finishing this ufo on my 5 quilts list. I have the rows I need for a queen size quilt I want to make.


This quilt began as a swap between my quilty friends and me. I have been slowly adding the squares and strips. It stalled again, as, I wasn't sure how to finish the pesky ends. Yesterday, I laid it out on my bed, letting the ends fall over the end of the bed, and started pinning triangles, so, I can sew them into the end of the rows. I don't have any other place to see what I needed to do. It felt much easier than I thought, so, I am making progress.




Once I finish one end, I will decide if I need to make it longer.

Dotty bow ties is quilted and ready for binding and I am quilting sea swept for my one monthly goal.

I am using hunter star as a leader/ ender at the sewing machine, after, I make a big block a day.

I have a rug to hook on the frame for the evenings.

I am linking to:

TGIFF

TGIFF different     here  and here

please consider signing up to host the weekly party here 

8 comments:

  1. It's good that the part of the project you were dreading turned out to be not so bad. You are doing a great job of sticking to your plan for finishes this month. Looking forward to seeing all your finishes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be a beautiful quilt when it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great swap block quilt! Any progress is a plus. This will be a really beauty when done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is some challenge you assigned to yourself. Personally, I would have been tempted to square up the flimsy by lopping off the triangles, then add a border or two to build it out to size. What fond memories the piece will evoke every time you check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This will be so beautiful when it's finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh great one!!! I like the on point layout for those blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely quilt! And full of memories of your friends that participated in the swap. Looks like you are heading quickly towards a lot of finishes! Good for you. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete