Friday, November 10, 2023

lucky star colors

I had the opportunity at open sew to lay out all the lucky star blocks in an attempt to distribute the colors. The only colors I was focusing on, are the the colors of the stars. I didn't have time to organize the sashing colors. But, I have all the rows together in star order. Next time, I will sit, and, turn the sashings in the right order. 



Every year, for years, our community has sponsored decorated Christmas trees. The trees are sold at auction, and, the money is donated to We care charity for Christmas charity giving. At this point, mostly businesses can afford to buy the trees and display them at their businesses. Our guild charity chairman decided to try We care this year for our guild. This year is the guild's first participation in sponsoring a tree. Here is my picture of it on display at the mall. It looks great. The chairman valued the tree at 4,000.00. There are many donations and contributions to our "tree". The trees will be auctioned on November 12th. We will see if anyone wants a quilty Christmas.


Barbie was a big theme this year, I saw 5 trees all decked out with pink and Barbie. I didn't take many pictures. I was busy looking.








I am linking to:

TGIFF different   

please consider signing up to host the weekly party here 

13 comments:

  1. The tree is impressive! (And to have a mall still open to host such a display....) The Lucky Stars setting is so colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea for raising money for charity! I hope your guild's tree fetches a nice sum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your star blocks are such fun, love all those bright colors. The trees are pretty cool. Hoping the guild tree does well at the auction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to see the decorated Christmas Trees doing their bit for charity. Your star blocks are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who wouldn't want a tree filled with quilted objects. Looks great to me. Must say I love the Giving Grinch, too. What truly made me happy - all your beautiful stars. I can never get enough color as winter approaches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Lucky Star is such a lovely quilt pattern, Maggie. Especially since it make's for no chopped off points!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your star blocks with their sashings are wonderful, Maggie! I love their bright colors. The trees and gifts make an impressive display!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tree photos have definitely put me in the Christmas spirit! I love the stars and their scrappy sashings, too. Good luck finishing it up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely bright colourful quilt that is going to be - I love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cheerful star quilt! Gorgeous Christmas trees, great idea for raising $$.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely idea! Love your guild's quilted Christmas tree. I hope it raises a ton of money! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/11/15/wednesday-wait-loss-354

    ReplyDelete
  12. a lot of Christmas trees so prettily decorated - as someone else said malls are kind of fading away - I wish they would come back good I actually always liked to wander the malls at Christmas time to shop - I am not much of a shopper but I found it got me more in the spirit

    ReplyDelete