Saturday, November 4, 2023

strings blocks for kismet

This year for the rainbow scrap challenge, I added fish school blocks in the monthly color. I collected enough for the quiltville pattern kismet in August

I needed to make string blocks for kismet, but, I thought I would retire the blocks to the ufo closet. But, I couldn't forget it, and, with the neutral month in October, I made all the string blocks for crazie mazie.  And, then, while the string mess was out on the table, I started on kismet string blocks, too. I made 80+ of the 124 I need. I am so close.... I need to clean up the area..... I want to finish first.




I added the stray color of strings to the few I had already made. Now, I have all the blocks I need in the color version.


I am linking to:

6 comments:

  1. Such cute string blocks. They are kind of addictive to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful colorful scraps are going to be beautiful against those lovely neutral blocks. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. when I'm on a good roll,the cleaning up comes later ,sometimes it does get to the point it has to have an overall cleaning out before starting something else 🤣 string blocks are addictive,you can't be stop at just one😄

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully all the clean up made a dent in your scrappy stash? The blocks look great. It's always fun to have all the blocks ready so you can start assembly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't string blocks a great way to blow through the scraps? I'm impressed with how many you've made. 2/3 of the way to your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely neutrals! They will make the perfect scrappy background. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/11/08/wednesday-wait-loss-353

    ReplyDelete