Wednesday, November 1, 2023

mini churndash project

I am using leftovers and small strings for making my mini churndash blocks. I don't save anything smaller than 1 1/2 inch square or strip. But, I do keep  anything smaller than that in my string bag.

the triangles were cut offs from Kristal flippy corners, and, the orange strip was from the string bag.


I need a piece 1 x 6+ to cut for the bar pieces, then, I sew two pieces together.






I can carefully seam the cut off triangles and trim to 1 1/2 inch square. Or, I can cut triangles with the easy angle from 1 1/2 inch strips from the 1 1/2 inch strip bin.

1 1/2 inch strips



I am trying to do a little bit of both. That way, I can use up the small cutoffs. But, it gets tiresome. It is much easier to grab 1 1/2 inch strips.


I am trying to be more adventuresome sewing the combos of 1 inch strips together.



I really like scrappy and the surprises.

8 comments:

  1. Cute! It really is tiresome to trim up hst one at a time! But sometimes you just have to do the chore! Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these adorable blocks! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/11/01/wednesday-wait-loss-352

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like scrappy, too, so your mini churn dashes always catch my eye! They have infinite possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Color placement creates such variety in these cute minis. What is the trimmer ruler you use (third photo)?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love mini churn dash blocks, and the way each can look so different depending on where you place the light and dark colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet! Tiny is just so irresistible.

    ReplyDelete