Saturday, August 12, 2023

hollow nine and fish school

Yellow is officially my favorite color. I find it a difficult color to like in fabric. Pops of it are fun in any scrappy quilt, but, finding a consistent dependable yellow seems difficult. I will keep trying. I made hollow nine blocks and fish school blocks for the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy.

hollow nine

I did a final count for fish school blocks, and, I have enough blocks for the pattern kismet from quiltville. I had made the string blocks earlier. But, I forgot at the time, that, I had made them for the pattern. I used a larger size block for the fish, so, I need to make a larger size string block, too. In any case, this is a ufo that will be retired to the ufo closet for a vacation. There will be a farewell with balloons and streamers.



8 comments:

  1. Toot! Toot! How about horns at the retirement ceremony too? Love the concept of UFOs going into retirement. I've been trying to keep working on some of mine so they go to the finished pile. Not sure how much success I've had with it recently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have "yellows" in my pile that are not very pretty at all - I get them out and then put them back! Looks like you found just the right yellow scraps for your hollow 9s and the fish blocks, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like your fish school blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to start using different yellow scraps as a background for some blocks but as you noted yellow is all over the place. I might have to order a group of yellow fabrics to use as backgrounds. Same with grays. I want that for a background too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sunny blocks! I like the idea of a "vacation" in the UFO closet for a project. There should definitely be balloons. Have a great stitching week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the idea of giving the blocks a farewell party to the closet 🤣I never have much yellow in my stash either & usually have to buy a few fat quarters to even out lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to see Fish School retired because I really like those blocks! But they must learn to behave well with the string blocks you made. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/08/16/wednesday-wait-loss-341

    ReplyDelete