Sunday, August 20, 2023

stash report August 20, 2023

 I am working on an older ufo called spoolin around. I found the pink I wanted for the setting triangles in my stash, but, I couldn't find a green I like with it for the border. I went through everything on the shelves. anything, I liked I did not have a large enough piece. I have a million yards of fabric, how could I not have what I needed? I checked my back up storage, ahem, yes it is a real thing. Still nothing. I even tried to change colors. So, I repeated the process with blues. I had the same problem. I don't have a local quilt store and I didn't want to travel, so, I went to Joann just to look. I knew it when I saw it. The sun came out and I heard angels singing. I only bought what I needed for the quilt. I didn't even look around for anything else. 

ta da

I was gifted some scraps of batiks. I am surprised what some quilters think are scraps. But, I will take them.

I think there is about 2 yards

I think the fabrics are lovely. I want to make a Lemoyne star with them. It has been on my bucket list for awhile, now. I can't right now, but, I will put them away for a rainy day. oh, with a note or I will wonder....

stash report August 20, 2023

fabric added: 3 1/2 yards 

fabric added year to date: 119 1/2 yards 

fabric used: 0 yards 
fabric used year to date: 307 1/2 yards - no change

184 yards used more than bought

I sewed 2 days last week. 


The first loops have been hooked on my new rug hooking project. Not much, but, a start. It's best to start in the middle and work out from there. The rug pattern is called Christmas in new England by Old tattered flag. It is meant to be a tree skirt, but I am changing it to just a circular rug. SO, on dasher and dancer.



I am linking to:

9 comments:

  1. That was a generous gift! That does not look like scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to find the fabric that made your heart sing. And such lovely batiks that you were gifted. Great start on your hooking as well. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect border fabric. Good for you for staying focussed and just buying what you need for this project. Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lovecthat green dot fabric - so pretty! Yes, you do "know it when you see it!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes you just don't have the exact right shade. So I think the green falls under the need to add to use. Love those batiks. Sounds like you've got lots of fun stitching to do this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fun start! I know exactly what you mean when you can't find the "right" fabric and then it appears and the angels sing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You were very brave to not buy anything else ;)) Pretty pink and green fabrics, yes, I can ear those angels too :D Lovely batiks too! And your rug is starting nicely. Have fun!
    Thank you for sharing, and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh boy! I just love your rug projects. This one has me so curious. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/08/23/wednesday-wait-loss-342

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the batiks! Glad I'm not the only one stitching Christmas year round. :)

    ReplyDelete