Saturday, August 19, 2023

yellow scraps

I cut and sewed a little bit of yellow this week for the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy. I made 9 patches for diffusion which is done in fall colors. I might add a few brown later this year, and, then, count, and recalculate what I need.

diffusion - quilted twins

I made the pieces, I will need for my older ufos- garlic knots and box kite. The blocks are done, but, the borders and sashings are small pieces that I have cut along the way this year, with the color of the month. It's hard to believe it is august already. And time to finish or continue with plans.

qsts for box kite

sashings for garlic knots

I am linking to:

9 comments:

  1. Pretty yellows! I've always wanted to make a Garlic Knots quilt - maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of pretty yellow stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many pretty yellows! I wish I had more variety in mine... I might need to add some!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of sunny yellows to add to your projects. I'm not ready for it to be September on the stitching front, but I am looking forward to cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job on your yellow RSC blocks. Great idea to use a year to make sashings/borders for RSC quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fabric in your garlic knots, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty collection of yellows! You are so close on the kite and garlic knots projects--very exciting. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/08/23/wednesday-wait-loss-342

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice progress on your yellow blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice progress with your YELLOW scraps!

    ReplyDelete