Friday, August 18, 2023

spoolin around

spoolin around was the second quiltville leader/ ender challenge in 2013. I was excited when I opened the ufo box, to see I had all the spool blocks (648) in blocks of 4, ready to assemble. But, oh wait, many of them were put together wrong. It matters if the blocks are all arranged the same LOL. I can't move on with this project unless, I take them all apart. I am having fun revisiting all these scraps from a few years ago. I did put together a few of the short rows with the correct blocks. I think I am going to follow the colors in the pattern for setting triangles and borders. 

the spools are 3 1/2 inches

fun scraps from 2013

I am linking to:

TGIFF different   

please consider signing up to host the weekly party here 

7 comments:

  1. Hopefully you don't have too much unsewing too do. It's going to be another fun scrap quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how something as simple as a four-patch (whether four pieces of fabric or four units) can go together incorrectly! Good for you for persisting. The blocks are charming. [I've saved all of the L&E challenge designs but I don't recall that I've made any of them into entire quilts.]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why is it such a joy to sew new blocks and such as bummer to "fix" them. Good for you for tackling the less loved job and finding pleasure and ideas while doing so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's going to be delightful, I love all this scrappy goodness! Those spools are tiny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't imagine making 648 blocks...though I probably have done so after a fashion, as I've made several of Bonnie Hunter's designs! I'd go completely random on the arrangement and see what happens. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like what I am seeing so far!! Hope its just a few to restitch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a lovely quilt so far. So sorry there's some unsewing involved, but it'll be worth it for this beauty. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/08/23/wednesday-wait-loss-342

    ReplyDelete