Sunday, August 27, 2023

stash report August 27, 2023

 I had a finish this week which makes me happy, and, helps with the yearly stash numbers. 

At open sew, yesterday, someone, surprised me with a quilt top that she had made with fabric that I had donated last month. First of all, the turnaround time was impressive, and, the fact, that she knew it was my fabric donation. It makes it much easier to let go of my precious fabric knowing someone will enjoy it. She has plans to add a border, too, from some of it. 

wow

stash report August 20, 2023

fabric added: 0 yards 

fabric added year to date: 119 1/2 yards 

fabric used: 36 yards -15 yards donated to guild - hand me down finish

fabric used year to date: 343 1/2 yards 

21 yards



220 yards used more than bought

I sewed 5 days last week. including a Saturday open sew.


The first loops have been hooked on my new rug hooking project. Not much, but, a start. It's best to start in the middle and work out from there. The rug pattern is called Christmas in new England by Old tattered flag. It is meant to be a tree skirt, but I am changing it to just a circular rug. SO, on dasher and dancer.
These little guys are fiddley, but, fun. I am using scrappy pieces of wool for them. There is a LOT of background on this rug, so, I am digging through my wool stash for any dark blue, and, starting to cut. I don't think I will have to dye any blue, but, I might 'marry' some together to get some variation.

and prancer and vixen

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt was made with your fabric donation. I love both of the quilts you showed in this post. Those little wool reindeer are so cute. Enjoy your crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stash stats, Maggie! I do love the Hand Me Down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your friend made a beautiful quilt out of your donated fabric! That would feel good to see that. I love your Hand Me Down quilt, too - all those pretty plaids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to see your donated fabric put to good use, and so nice that your quilt friend brought it along to show you what she had made.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Christmas rug is going to take a while but it’s a great project to work on in the coming months. Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  6. That heart quilt is definitely WOW!. How fun that you got to see where your donation went. Enjoy the new rug project. Do you hope to have it finished by the holiday this year or next?

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely for that lady to share what she made! I agree with you--it's so much easier to part with fabric knowing it's going to a good home. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/08/30/wednesday-wait-loss-343

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sweet to see how your beautiful fabric was used in the quilt! Love the heart quilt, very pretty with these soft colors. The new rug project is coming along nicely, it's going to be a fun and cheerful rug!
    Thank you for sharing, and linking up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love what she did with your donation fabric. The reindeer are adorable! I will enjoy watching the progress on this rug.

    ReplyDelete