Friday, September 22, 2023

spoolin around

 I lost my domain name for the blog,  and everything has to be changed on my blog. ugh   It's probably a good thing. I have had it since 2013 and every year, the price increases. I am now: makingalather.blogspot.com

I have the spool center done for my 5 quilt project - Spoolin around by Bonnie Hunter. Making 3 inch finished spools was the 2012 leader ender challenge at Quiltville.  Later, she made the quilt and added it to her book more adventures with leaders and enders. It's time for borders.

 I decided when she announced this year's challenge, I would finish an old challenge ufo quilt, instead. I did this last year, too. I finished dotty bow ties from 2011 in January 2023. I realized, that I have started them all, but, have few finishes. imagine that    But.... I like this year's challenge...

pesky lil spools

I am linking to:

TGIFF different   

please consider signing up to host the weekly party here 




10 comments:

  1. Love all those pretty little spools! What a fun one! Good luck on the Fully Finished! Sorry about the domain name debacle! Hope this works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that I found you. I was sad when I thought that you weren't blogging any more. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those spools look tiny, what size are they? It's a pretty block, I've done a small spool wallhanging for my sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt looks amazing. I love the pink setting triangles, perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a cool one!!!!
    So glad that your blog didn't disappear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so easy to start a BH project, but definitely not easy to finish one. Love the spools. Congrats on another finished quilt top.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, that bow tie quilt is fabulous! I can see why you would need a break from a project like that but it was definitely worth coming back to. Gorgeous finish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your spools quilt is fantastic! Bonnie H's quilts are a LOT of work! Congratulations on the finish! Thanks for linking to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such lovely little spools! This is going to be a pretty quilt. Great idea to resist the current quilt alongs in order to finish some quilts. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/09/27/wednesday-wait-loss-347

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you to focus on a finish! I have been working on much the same. I always love your scrappy looks!

    ReplyDelete