Saturday, September 16, 2023

hollow nine and sashing

I have time with my rainbow scrap challenge sewing, this month, to start assembly for my hollow nine quilt. I decided I wanted to cut a 2 inch strip for each of the sashings. I have 27 blocks, and my goal was 25, so I am good to go. I was able to add sashings to all the blocks at my Friday sew. They are such colorful blocks. I really like them together.


I put 2 rows together and then, thought, I better lay them all out, and, decide on color placement, before I move on with more rows. I will do that next week. I am just happy to have moved it along.

9 comments:

  1. It's going to be a very bright and colorful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simplicity of the Hollow 9 blocks. They'll make a terrific scrappy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how the look so far! I moved mine around a lot before I settled on a placement idea! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This hollow Nine block will make a great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always liked nine patch blocks and yours are so pretty. It's such a simple and effective block isnt it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not a bad idea to not get ahead of yourself and get those blocks laid out before sewing them all together. Great start!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those nine patches are really pretty, and I love the sashing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What pretty blocks. Love how scrappy they are! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/09/20/wednesday-wait-loss-346

    ReplyDelete