Friday, September 15, 2023

irish chain finish

Triple irish chain is now a finished UFO quilt from my 5 quilt project. I started this in 2012. The top just needed borders in 2017, and, then, has waited it's turn on the longarm. I really like 30's prints and colors. I think that is what drew me back into quilting. Around here, 30s quilts were mostly what we could find at antique stores.  When I was a young quilter, I admired the work and dedication to make quilts during such a difficult time period.

84 x104 = 24 yards


I used a wide flannel backing and swirls for the quilting. The binding shows the border print better than the photos.


I am linking to:

TGIFF different   

please consider signing up to host the weekly party here 

9 comments:

  1. What a pretty finish! The triple chain makes such a nice design, and the colors are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt! I love chain quilts, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and a more subdued look for 30s prints. Will be checking out the link to see what the "5 Quilts" project was all about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty. Fresh yet vintage vibe :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on a successful finish. I love how yellow and blue junctions standout as a secondary focus.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on a very pretty finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!! This is a gorgeous quilt - and I can see why the 30's would draw you to quilting! There was a shop in estes park that only did 30's repro prints and I loved going in there to see all the fabrics and quilts they had made with that era of fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finish! Irish chain is always a winner. I'm partial to 1930s quilts too, I grew up with quilts my great grandmother made.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Irish Chains and this one is especially pretty. Great finish! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/09/20/wednesday-wait-loss-346

    ReplyDelete