Sunday, September 24, 2023

stash report September 24, 2023

I am really. really trying to keep more fabric out of the house.... really 

But, I attended a quilt show last week, and there was this very big bag of scraps for only two dollars, and my hubby, said " you need this" what could I do?  It was like he had showed me the cutest little puppy or kitty, and, I just had to rescue it. I had to do it. I promise, I will feed it, and, take it out for a walk, and, be very responsible. I will


stash report September 24, 2023

fabric added:  0 yards  I am not counting itty bitty scraps

fabric added year to date: 130 1/2 yards 

fabric used: 0 yards
fabric used year to date: 390 yards 

259 1/2 yards used more than bought

I sewed 5 days last week. 


The rug pattern is called Christmas in new England by Old tattered flag. It is meant to be a tree skirt, but I am changing it to just a circular rug. SO, on dasher and dancer.
I have many shades of dark blue to use for the background.

It was fun to see an overall view while I had it off the frame.

8 tiny reindeer



 I lost my domain name for the blog,  and everything has to be changed on my blog. ugh   It's probably a good thing. I have had it since 2013 and every year, the price increases. I am now: makingalather.blogspot.com


I am linking to:

7 comments:

  1. I hope Santa and his reindeer don’t get dizzy flying around in a circle. This is looking great Gail at the Cozy Quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny about your husband spotting the "find!" I hope only enjoyable playtime happens when you open that bag!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the blog troubles you had last week, as I couldn't reach you from the link party. I'm very glad that you could fix it and be back again! This new bag looks full of pretty scraps, and if even your husband says you need it... ;))
    Thank you for sharing, and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you only have a few stars left to hook and then a whole lot of background. This is going to be a great rug. So glad you were able to get your blog back up and running.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make such fun scrappy quilts, a scrappy stash refresh shouldn't hurt you too much in the long run. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun to see the entire rug design. Boy it's cute. What a great rug this will make. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/09/27/wednesday-wait-loss-347

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reindeer are adorable! I'm a sucker for orphans too. :) You don't want to know how much fabric is in a bag that size.

    ReplyDelete