Friday, September 8, 2023

wrangled a finish

Rectangle wrangle is finished. I brought it out of the ufo closet in May 2023. I made progress through out the year. I started assembly in July. It was a top in August. I love how it looks and feels. Shirt fabrics are very forgiving, and, so fun to use. Only a few of hubby's old shirts are in this one. The rest are recycled form thrift stores. I see more light than I was expecting while I was making this. I guess that is the magic of using shirt fabrics.

90 x 102 = 27 yards

Rectangle wrangle is a Bonnie hunter quilt from her book scraps and shirttails 2. There are 4726 pieces in this quilt, and they all needed matching seams haha


I used a gray for the backing and light black for the binding. I did a free motion swirl on the long arm for the quilting in medium gray. This is my 19th UFO finish for the year.


I am linking to:

TGIFF different   

please consider signing up to host the weekly party here 


10 comments:

  1. This quilt is beautiful! You've done a great job, matching all those seams is challenging. It definitely has a masculine vibe. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on a gorgeous scrappy finish! That was a lot of seam matching!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a wonderful job on this quilt. The more I see quilts made with shirts, but more I need to be on the lookout for used shirts to make my own quilt. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning quilt! And after all that seam matching, I'm impressed you went on to adding that delightful star border too! Love love love the shirtings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! My! Sizzling Bacon! This is a huge quilt and it's GORGEOUS! Congratulations! I love the border of stars. Love it! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superb finish!!! I love this one - what a cool design

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hurray! An amazing UFO finish! Beautiful to look at, and I bet it's so soft to touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful finish. I bet you are excited to cross another UFO off of your list!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful quilt! There's something about shirtings that appeals to me. I love how fast you finish quilts! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/09/13/wednesday-wait-loss-345

    ReplyDelete