Sunday, September 3, 2023

stash report September 3, 2023

At our open sew last week, there was some fabric brought in from other quilters for the free table. I snagged these pieces.

top 2 are flannel

 stash report September 3, 2023

fabric added: 3 1/2 yards 

fabric added year to date: 123 yards 

fabric used: 3 yards 

fabric used year to date: 346 1/2 yards 

219 1/2 yards used more than bought

I sewed 3 days last week. 


The rug pattern is called Christmas in new England by Old tattered flag. It is meant to be a tree skirt, but I am changing it to just a circular rug. SO, on dasher and dancer.
These little guys are fiddley, but, fun. I am using scrappy pieces of wool for them. There is a LOT of background on this rug, so, I am digging through my wool stash for any dark blue, and, starting to cut. I don't think I will have to dye any blue, but, I might 'marry' some together to get some variation.

I have most of the reindeer finished. I did injure my finger, and, haven't felt like hooking.

george and fred

6 comments:

  1. Very fun fabric finds. Your stash metrics are pretty awesome and the year isn't over yet. Hope your finger is healing quickly, it's a bummer to be hurting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those little reindeer are so cute! Hope your finger heals so you can get back to the rug hooking project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the finger injury. I like the fabrics you got.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch, I hope that your finger will heal soon. Your reindeers are cute! Love the star too. Is the blue background the next step?
    Thank you for sharing your progress, and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That rug is so cute! Love those little reindeer. Hope your finger heals soon. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/09/06/wednesday-wait-loss-344

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen word print flannel. Great find!

    ReplyDelete