Friday, December 29, 2023

anvil top finish

I finished all the blocks for my anvil quilt as my November One monthly goal.  My December goal was to finish it as a top. 

I really love the shirting fabrics. This block has been a favorite. I can cut the hsts with my accuquilt. I can sew in short bursts. And, it comes out very nicely with an aha while pressing it. I think it looks classic and has a hint to an old vintage quilt.

Now, that my goal is finished, I will add it to the to be quilted closet. This quilt has been part of my 5 quilt project, which will start 2024 with all new Ufos to complete. I am itching to get started.

I

11 comments:

  1. Your Anvil quilt turned out beautifully! You've done well with your 5 quilt project this year. Wishing even more success in 2024!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, yes, love how the shirtings add depth to your quilt, Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is great in shirtings and really works with this traditional block. Your "5 Quilt" system has really been working for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a pretty one, Maggie! I love all the stripes and plaids in your blocks. I've never sewn with shirt fabrics, but you're inspiring me to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this one SO much!!! its a great block and even greater with that awesome variety of fabrics!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This quilt looks wonderfully vintage. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those shirting fabrics made the best anvil top! It is an awesome finish!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these shirtings! Anvil turned out so nicely. I hope it doesn't spend time in the To Be Quilted closet for long! I hope you had a lovely New Year! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/01/03/wednesday-wait-loss-361

    ReplyDelete