Wednesday, May 29, 2024

garlic knots

I had an open sew Saturday.  As part of my 5 quilt projects, I have opened my garlic knots project box and peeked inside to see what is really there.  Garlic knots was a free pattern in quiltmaker magazine in 2016. And I watched Bonnie Hunter make them on quiltcam that year. I started cutting my scraps. I also have the pdf from 2017.  I had the blocks done in 2017 and then it languished in the ufo closet until 2022. I chose it as part of my rainbow scrap challenge to cut the sashings and borders by color each month.

It has now bubbled up to the 5 quilts I am working on this month. I won't put it away again until it is ready to quilt. 


I have to say it was challenge to begin assembly. The inside sashings use sets of 4 color pieces. I decided to web just one row at a time. It is a bit tricky carrying the matching piece to the row beneath. I am sure by row 10, I will finally be in the groove. haha



I am linking:

wednesday wait loss



3 comments:

  1. You've got a good start on the assembly phase. It's going to be another fun scrappy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were Garlic Knots one of Bonnie's annual leaders-and-enders blocks? I recall the block but I don't recall the entire pattern with that interesting sashing. I've seen other GK and GK-type blocks by other designers, but the sashing really makes these stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Garlic Knots is a pretty pattern, your quilt is going to be lovely. I hope you can keep the organization straight, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete