Wednesday, April 26, 2017

garlic knots

I have been anxious to start something new. I had a small batch of scraps that needed to be cut down into useable sizes, so I started cutting for garlic knots a Bonnie Hunter pattern from her quiltville store. The next thing I knew 2 inch strips were flying everywhere, and I had cut the all the colors and most of the neutrals. See that little shoe box of pieces? how can that be a whole quilt?
How can that ever make a dent in the scraps? Oh, I will keep trying. Still it is sooo cute.


When it grows up it wants to be... the pattern is here




Our guild presentation by Pam Durant last night included a Marie Webster quilt. One of two that were commissioned of her. I think it is beautiful. Maybe someday...





Remember this finish?

it is featured on midweek makers - thanks Cathy and Susan



I am linking to:
WOW
Midweek Makers
Jo's Country Junction UFO
Bee Social
Silly Mama WIP

4 comments:

  1. lovely projects!

    thanks for linking up!

    brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love garlic knots - they're so fun! Thanks for sharing on Midweek Makers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this will be my next big project--after the semester is over. I'd like to do Garlic Knots in Christmas fabrics for my son and his wife.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You might want to spellcheck your second sentence...ha! It says, "a small batch of CRAPS." Or was that intentional? In any event, thanks for the giggle!

    ReplyDelete