Thursday, April 13, 2017

hexie star blocks

I attempted to stitch happy birds quilt hexie star blocks. I searched and searched for any other method of putting these together, besides piecing. I just knew I would not be accurate enough, for a good result. I bit the bullet.
It took me a few blocks to get the feel of the seams and the y seam. But then they were fun to do.
I used  the little scraps left from the cotton and steel from fancy forest quilt
The hardest part was deciding how to do the colors. At first I thought I would be a bit more matchy matchy. But then I just picked up a piece and added it.

My husband cut templates for me from acrylic plastic. It made it much easier to cut.














My piecing was better the more I made. Imagine that.
I am linking to:
needle and thread thursdays
oh scrap

1 comment: