Tuesday, April 25, 2017

sorting

 Now all my 2 1/2 inch blocks fit in a velveeta container. I have finished the 30 blocks I need for wonky wishes quilt. Any squares left over, that I just wanted gone, I have paired together to make scrappy 4 patches.  Any that I had 5 alike, I made sets for scrappy plus blocks. Slowly, but surely, I am sewing them gone. I went from this...

to this...

Here are the neutrals that are left.
I was in the organizing mood so....
I keep 4 drawers under my cutting table. One for 1 1/2 inch strips , one for 2 inch strips, one for 2 1/2 inch strips, and one for 3 1/2 inch strips. When I am cutting the last of scraps, I cut these sizes and drop them into the right drawer. When the drawers are full, I sort them by color into their more permanent home. I sorted the 2 inch and 1 1/2 inch strips . It feels good to get them into the right color drawer. I discovered early on, I am a drawer person, not a box person. If I have to unstack and open, I won't. It has to be easy, and pulling open a drawer is easy enough.

If when I cut several different fabrics into strips, I had to put each color away, I wouldn't. But I don't mind sitting and sorting a big bunch and then putting them away.



Next 2 1/2 inch strips

I am linking to:
Fiber Tuesday
Free Motion by the River

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how, when we know ourselves, we can adjust our processes to work for us? I, too, am an throw it together and do a big sort later kind of gal :) I also find I need to have them stored in clear containers otherwise they don't exist ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great organization and use of scraps!

    ReplyDelete