Saturday, April 29, 2017

Happy Birds finish and strings

Big Finish - Happy Birds. I am just squeaking in at the end of the month for One Monthly Goal and Ufo 2017. Of course, it is raining outside, so this is my best picture opportunity. I am well pleased with this finish. Effort versus results is a good ratio. I learned a lot from making this. I am a finisher, even if it takes putting it aside to warm back up to it. I don't like making mistakes at first, but I can warm up to that as well. As I keep going, the first mistakes really don't seem as sad. So I guess, we need to practice at everything including making mistakes to get any better.
This is a Jen Kingwell design.
I also finished the pink sampler as part of my one monthly goal.
So far, One monthly goal has really kept me on task to complete 5 projects that I would have just set aside if left to my own devices. I need the extra accountability. Thank you Patty.

I declared last Saturday to be string Saturday. Any chance I had to sew, I worked on string/crumb piecing. I made 12 sashings for wonky wishes. I need 71. So I am making progress. I am using an old children's drawing pad. The paper is 9 x12 so I just need to remember to leave at least 1/2 inch at the end since I need 3 1/2 x 12 1/2. It tears easily and is recycling.











I am linking to
 SewCan She

rsc17 super saturday
One monthly Goal

11 comments:

  1. Happy Birds -- your quilt is most gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is gorgeous! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful finish and good progress on your sashing strips!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Happy Birds quilt! It's good to learn as you make a quilt, which I think we all do. The other good thing is that the rest of us will never see your mistakes - we just see a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very pretty and I agree with the accountability thing, I have to have it

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too have learned the efforts vs. results ratio. The more of a pain it is to work on the quilt the more beautiful it is. But then we end up loving the process and it's not a pain anymore, but a job. Your wonky wishes strings are perfect. Gorgeous finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on such a beautiful finish. It is certainly worth the effort it took.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Kingwell quilt! Love it! Congratulations on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Happy Birds Quilt is making me very happy just stairing at it over and over again. I am in love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the Happy Birds quilt - congratulations on finishing! And you neutral sashing strips look great.

    ReplyDelete