Wednesday, April 19, 2017

pink sampler finish



I have a finish. The pink sampler is quilted and bound and ready to be gifted to my friend who loves pink. This is one of my one monthly goal finishes. I received these blocks as an orphan adoption. you can read about it here. Many thanks to Cathy. I love it.




I brought home a few treasures from the fiber fair. I have never spun alpaca before, and this lady was very encouraging, so I bought this from her alpaca named Halesisa.
As I sit more and more, I thought this lamb fleece would be comfy. The gray stripe is a merino combed roving for me. And the dark roving was a blend for my hubby.


I haven't heard of this sheep before in our markets. It's called Gotland. The Gotland, also called the Gotland Pelt, is a breed of domestic sheep named for the Swedish island of Gotland. wikipedia


The fiber is very soft.

And then there was this crazy color lady with a booth full of all kinds of color, and I had to add some to my stash.
When will I find the time to spin again? I love the quiet, calm of spinning, but, I forget it when I am looking for something to do. I have a few hand stitching projects that keep me busy. This yummy fiber is too tempting to resist. soon....

I am linking to:
WOW
Midweek Makers
Jo's Country Junction UFO
Bee Social
Silly Mama WIP

2 comments:

  1. love your quilt and the yarn looks amazing...
    have fun!

    thanks for linking up!
    brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one pretty sampler quilt! Your color choices make is very sweet! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete