Saturday, April 22, 2017

Wishes


I am making progress on my wonky wishes quilt, a Bonnie Hunter pattern. I was tired of the mess of my 2 1/2 inch squares, and wanted them gone. I had 11 more to make to finish the squares, how hard can that be. That hasn't helped the mess any.
I have 6 more finished.

and several webbed together. I am getting rid of a lot of ugly squares and those that don't have a specific place on the color wheel.
I am thinking I will call Saturdays  " String Saturday", and any time I get to sew will be string piecing. I think I will have a " Spinning Sunday" as well. Silly, but it might help me to remember and sneak that into my schedule.


I found this old "planner" I had in 1976. I think it is a hoot to look at what was important to me when I was 21 years old. I was newly married without any children.


I hosted my Mom and Dad for dinner. I am sure I was anxious to impress them that I was all grown - up and adult like. But I probably served them hot dogs. lol Because I didn't know how to cook really when I first was married. My first official meal as a newlywed was popcorn. Yes really. I bet my new husband was a bit worried about starving to death. I wish I could have them for dinner again. sigh...



A Christmas list for my husband - it includes sugar and razor blades - geesh we were so extravagant.
I am linking to
 SewCan She

rsc17 super saturday

9 comments:

  1. What a fun wonky wishes block! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely star blocks! They'll make a great scrappy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your multi-coloured star blocks; a great way of using the odd leftover squares.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my scraps multiply like mad , I make one scrap after another and I am still covered up with them

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving your crazy busy star blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your wonky star blocks! They're going to make a fun quilt! Your planner with all its lists is precious. It made me think back to when I was that age and newly married. I think one of my mom's first gifts to me was a cookbook!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's too fun to look at another blogger's fabric and see fabric I also own. It seems to me that as a 21-year-old newlywed you had your priorities in a good place with regards to gifts for your husband: family history, journal, and a church-related book. I'm wondering about the 20 lb. of sugar, though. Perhaps he was the baker in the family? It is so fun to go back and look at old calendars and journals. It's great you saved yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't go wrong wishing on a star. Very colourful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great wonky wishes blocks. They look like fun to make. So cute to look back at the old note pad. I found a meal plan of my grandmother's in one of her old cook books I got after she passed. It was a week's plan when we were at her house for spring break.

    ReplyDelete