Sunday, June 9, 2024

stash report June 9, 2024

An older quilt guild member was cleaning out her stash and had a rummage sale. I bought way too much. She was a persuasive seller. LOL I usually start looking at neutrals. Most of what she was selling was civil war type fabrics. They aren't as popular right now, but it is hard to find a sale on them... and I love them. 


stash report June 9, 2024 

 fabric added this week: 4 1/2  yards

 fabric added year to date for 2024: 30 1/2 yards    

fabric used:  -  scrappy mountain majesties finish 14 yards


fabric used year to date for 2024: 295 yards 

287 1/2 yards used more than bought in 2024

I sewed 6 days last week. I sewed with my Friday group this week. It was nice to visit with them and helps with motivation.

I am working on a cross stitch sampler designed by Melissa at pinker n punkin - I think it can be found here .  Yippee last block. Now, I have to go back and check all the finishing details and decide how I want it displayed. I am so excited. It is so cute 


  

I am linking to:

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on two finishes! Your scrappy quilt is lovely and he cross stitch is really cute! Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new neutrals are a great addition to your stash - never too many neutrals ;) I love the one underneath, very pretty. Bravo for finishing a quilt, and the cute embroidery! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And that's all you bought? Fortitude! I tried to reduce my CW (and CWish) stash. That led to making some great quilts and acquiring more. That's just how I roll.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Civil War repros too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did pretty well at minimizing the fabric purchases. Neutrals are always a good addition. Congrats on finishing off the needlwork piece. You've been moving along on several fronts lately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet that cross stitch is pretty. Can't wait to see the whole thing. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/06/11/wednesday-wait-loss-384

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute stitch! You can never go wrong with adding neutrals to the stash.

    ReplyDelete