Sunday, September 19, 2021

stash report September 19, 2021

Aren't these cute? They were on sale and I am always sad that charm packs don't make very big quilts, so, I bought 4.

 stash report September 19, 2021

Fabric Used this week: 1 yards    

Fabric Used year to Date: 150 yards

Fabric Added this week: 2 1/4 yards 
Fabric Added Year to Date: 110 1/2 yards

net fabric: 39 1/2 yards used more than bought 

 I stitched at least 15 minutes every day this week. I finished ode to joey quilt here. I have been very good about sticking to the longarm and getting quilts quilted for the quilt show in October.

Long happy story. About 10 years ago. My oldest son and his 4 small children moved in after the death of his wife. We had a massive stuffing of anything that we could to make room for him. I was rug hooking this rug, and it disappeared. Over the years, we made brave searches in dark recesses for this rug. I was broken hearted we couldn't find it. We decided it must have accidently been taken to goodwill. Recently, we have been making way for my daughter and her family to visit from Utah. I am embarrassed how cluttered our house has become. And, I have tried to declutter everything I can. I pulled everything out of the dining room closet, which was no small task, and at the very bottom of the bottom box was this rug. To say I did a happy dance, would be an understatement. Now I can finish it.


I am linking to:

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful new charm pack, all about sewing fabrics, that looks fun! Congratulations for finishing Ode to Joey quilt, love the quilting! Good story with an happy end, I can imagine your happy dance ;)
    Thank you for sharing, and linking up with Patchwork & Quilts today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the charm packs. Don't you love it when a missing project finds it's way home? Have fun finishing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you were able to find your rug project at long last!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rug is really cute. Glad you found it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how wonderful... the lost is found! I hope someday you will show us some close up photos of this treasure as you continue to work on it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the charm packs. So glad that pretty rug was finally found. Enjoy your stitching/hooking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you found this treasure. I bought four of the same charm pack's and discovered it to be the magic number, one can do a lot with four of them. Good luck with all the quilting. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you found your rug hooking project. It's those small items that can be so hard to find. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete