Wednesday, September 22, 2021

shirt anvil blocks

I have been working on finishing some old ufos to the 'to be quilted' stage. I am ready to stop making borders for a little while. It was time for some soothing sewing and making a little progress on the shirt anvil blocks. I really like these. Using shirt fabric is one of my favorite ways to make quilts. The cotton just feels so nice.


And I found a few scraps hanging around the machine that wanted me to sew them.


forever easy breezy blocks


I am linking to:

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE your anvils, I've had that blocks on my list for years, if only there weren't so many other projects on that list too, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh now I am LOVING those anvil blocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your shirt blocks. I started one with my hubby's old shirts (before Covid when people actually got dressed for work.) He upgraded his entire wardrobe after losing some weight and I couldn't let those bigger shirts go to waste. Well, the quilt isn't completed but I did make those blocks. One question I do wonder about though is all the starch used through the years on his older shirts. I'm just worried that the starch will cause the fabrics to wear out sooner than usual. Did our ancestors have that problem? Probably not as clothing was well worn and washed less often than today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving those anvils in plaids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh your lovely anvils really intrigue me. I need to make some of those too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use for those old shirts. They are going to make a lovely quilt. Thanks for sharing with oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know how they feel but I love the look of shirt fabric with those anvil blocks. This will make such a pretty quilt. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete