Friday, September 10, 2021

template twirls top

I have a new  top ready for the "to be quilted" closet. This was an experiment using the creative grids crazy six template. I really like the scrappy twirls from the black. The border was an extra border I had made for another quilt and didn't use. It was great to find a home for it on this quilt


The colorful parts are crumbs from my string and crumbs bin. There is so much fun in such tiny pieces.
It is just like doodling with fabric and any color works.

I spy a bear

and a selvage

and candy corns


I just love this kind of scrappy quilt. I don't know when I will get to this. At this point, I have over 20 tops that I need to quilt. And yet, when I decide to take a turn on the longarm, I can't decide which one to quilt. I think I am going to let a random number generator decide next time. LOL

I started this quilt in 2018 and I called it template twirls.

another link


I am linking to:

TGIFF

TGIFF different     here  and here

boms away  sunday

7 comments:

  1. Love how the dark twirls pop with all the bits of bright strings. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a winner! great to be able to find a home for the border!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this! Inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on getting this great flimsy together. I love making and playing with crumb blocks so this one is right up my alley. It's a great pattern and it makes a wonderful quilt. I might have to copy this one. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, the random number idea could be me ;) Enjoy your flimsy finish! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one turned out so great! I like the idea of a number system - that way you are just committed!!

    ReplyDelete