Saturday, September 14, 2024

ripple blocks

 I haven't had much sewing machine time this week. I did cut gray for Jos checkers. And, I made orange ripple blocks. I will try to sew black this month and brown next month. I have all the 4 patches sewn for the sashings on my baby 30s project. I am not making any more traffic jam blocks this year. I have kept up with the cutting for monkey wrench blocks, but, have fallen behind in the sewing. I'm done with the blocks I needed for the windmill quilt.


Now, that I am finishing up the blocks I had planned for the year, I need to decide if I put them away or work to finish them. I picked easy projects for the year to finish, but, I feel I really want to continue with the hens and chicks. With my tiny tuesday sampler from 2019, I didn't finish out the year, and will need to continue with blocks if I want to finish it. It is harder to do later. But, there is something about this time of year that I want to be done. I will also have surgery next week.


I am linking to:


5 comments:

  1. The ripple blocks are really cute, and I can picture a whole rainbow of them all together. Best wishes on your upcoming surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is just something about this time of year that makes you want to change things up. Hope you surgery goes smoothly and recovery goes quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ripple blocks are a fun block and will look great as a rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the ripple blocks. I made two quilts with them and found out how those little units twist themselves the other way round when you're not paying attention!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your surgery & I always say you should sew whatever makes you happy. Forget self-imposed deadlines.

    ReplyDelete