Wednesday, September 18, 2024

just a little piecing

Sometimes I just play. It seems to start with a frustrated clean up around my sewing room. But, then, it is so fun that I start wandering from little project to little project. I have been really concentrating on finishing ufos this year with an emphasis on emptying my 'to be quilted' closet. I haven't just played with scrap pieces. 

I found a baggy of of 2 1/2 inch squares in sewn sets of 2. 


I hadn't sewn any shirt snails trail in a while, so I started 5 more.


I found enough scraps to make 2 5 1/2 inch monkey wrench blocks from odd colors. And 2 little beauty baskets.


The room is still a mess, but, I had a few moments of soothing piecing. I am pondering next year and how to downsize my quilting stash. I like to piece, but, I don't really need to start anything new. Yet, I miss the enthusiasm of a new project. Luckily, I still have ufos that will be interesting.

I am linking:

wednesday wait loss

1 comment: