Thursday, July 27, 2017

8 point star

In a box from the estate sale, I found 2 star blocks. and several sets of cut 45 degree diamonds. The seams and blocks are wonky. I can see why she didn't finish them.




I want to make an 8 pointed star with my string diamonds, so I thought I would use some of the pieces to practice.  This was mine. before the y seams. Aren't these fabrics a blast from the past? I still love them.


This was mine after the y seams. I think I can do it. I think it will be fun. I am thinking the trick is in the pressing and marking that silly dot to stop and backstitch.




I spent 15 minutes cutting up scrap treasures, using the 1 1/2 inch accuquilt strip die.



And yippee- I finished the box. I am sure more will grow in there overnight, but for now it is empty!



I am linking (links in the sidebar) to:
needle and thread thursdays
oh scrap
I may have a scrap problem 

4 comments:

  1. I think the stars are great. I take it you like your accuquilt. I've been thinking about getting one. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a box like this at the flea market! 8 pt stars, hexies and something else I can't remember. Plus a letter to her friend telling her how to set the blocks and the newspaper templates. It was a treasure indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your star block turned out beautifully! Congrats on a successful first try and on getting your scrap box empty. Both have to feel really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your star looks terrific. It's wonderful to see quilters rescuing old blocks and fabric from estate sales and thrift stores.

    ReplyDelete