Tuesday, July 18, 2017

red borders

I am adding the red borders to mill girls. I am matching the centers and working out toward the edges which, with fingers crossed, will be mitered.


I have a few more box kite blocks finished. I sew these in between other sewing.


and three more glitter blocks ( Jen Kingwell). These were more practice than anything else.



I think I have a system for the glitter blocks which is working. I have tried several different options. I will have to share that later.

I am linking to:
Free Motion by the River
to do tuesday
too cute tuesday

4 comments:

  1. Hi Maggie,
    Oh, I love, love, LOVE that red border. That really pulls it all together. You must be smiling and loving it too! I've never seen the box kite block before, but that is really cool. It does look like a kite. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great print to miter/border your Mill Girls quilt! Love your Glitter blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That red border is gorgeous, I can't wait to see it with the mitered corners. The box kite blocks are super cute, and I absolutely love those glitter blocks. Those look challenging and you did a great job with them! Thanks so much for linking up with To-Do Tuesday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the border. It's going to look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete