Friday, July 28, 2017

Mill girls Last border


I have started working on the last border for Mill girls. I am soooo close. I have just now realized I would need to order a wool batting for it.It may not get here in time to finish by the end of the month. fingers crossed. I still might be counting my chickens before they are hatched since it is not even finished yet. The last border is actually 3 pieces , a 1 1/2 inch red tonal, a 3 1/2 inch floral and a fussy cut 7 1/2 inch blue strip with red on either side.
First I needed to square up the corners and sides as best as I could.


Actually it was pretty good, just little bits here and there that needed to go.


All the border pieces are together x 4. I really like the idea of building a border before adding it to the quilt. I think it is spectacular. I am really loving the quilt so far. When this border is added, it will need to be mitered in each corner.


Today is a one location shop hop in town. I am deciding whether or not to go. I don't shouldn't need to add anything to my burgeoning stuff, but I hate to miss anything. geesh I have added more fabric lately than I can handle - it's bad when it is still in the sack. But new pretties are calling out and I Can hear them.....

I am linking to:
Finished or Not Fridays   
Whoop Whoop

4 comments:

  1. I love seeing your progress on this quilt. Your border fabric is such an eye catcher. So beautiful and such great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoop! Whoop~! That's a really pretty border for this quilt. And yes, I love pre-constructing border pieces and then putting them all on at once - mitering is not hard at all once you get the hang of it, and so much easier than pinning and adding each strip to the whole quilt individually!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those borders look gorgeous, what a lovely frame they will make for your quilt.

    Thanks for linking up to TGIFF too

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful border - what a great idea to join first, it only occurred to me as I was putting the second part of a 3 part border on my latest (not yet finished quilt). Will definitely try this next time.

    ReplyDelete