Tuesday, July 4, 2017

vintage brother sewing machine


My husband is a very talented machine repairman. And he is more than willing to contribute to my love of vintage machines. I have never met a machine he could not coax into a useful tool. This one he even found on a curbside, abandoned and unloved. The color is not as blue as it really is in real life. It's a 1950s Japanese clone for the Singer 15 models, I believe. She is a straight stitch machine and she runs really well and fast now that she has been serviced.



Bonnie Hunter of quiltville has this machine. I've seen it on quilt cam.





I love how the machine case has a place for plug ins. She weighs a ton, but even on a tv tray she doesn't shake at the fastest speed.

This machine would love a new home if you live near enough to central Indiana to pick her up locally. I will list her on craigs list for 45.00.

I am linking to:
Fiber Tuesday -
Free Motion by the River
to do tuesday
too cute tuesday

7 comments:

  1. Lucky you to have a talented husband that is supportive of your hobby and can repair your machines! Love the look of that Brother machine. I live too far and I have enough machines already. Hope you find a good home for her (him?), lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty machine. Hope you can find her a good home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is a great machine! How wonderful of your hubby to bring it to life and find a new home for it! Thank you so much for linking up with To-Do Tuesday, I'm sorry for my late visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you ever find a buyer for her? I have her twin and would love to have her. I am really far away, but am willing to pay extra for shipping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi l have her twin also! Ive had her for many years and my case is in excellent shape also. Thank you for sharing your pictures and story. Tammie Guzzo Roscoe NY

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your sewing machine!
    I have her twin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not a clone. Japanese "clone" machines were specifically modelled after the Singer 15. This what is called a "badged" machine. These were original designs that were branded with different names, often according to the retailer's specifications or brand. This is likely from the mid 1950s.

    ReplyDelete