Saturday, July 22, 2017

diamonds

My goal for the rainbow scrap challenge this month was to get this quilt to the flimsy stage. I spent my time at small group getting it this far. I need to trim it up and decide on borders. The pattern is a crafty ol' broad pattern called Oh my stars. I think I have been calling it floating stars
I used a very soft blue for the quilt. I took a class with them through our quilt guild.




This is my friend's Linda O's farmer's wife and it is spectacular.She just got it back from her longarmer.




On Saturdays, I am trying to include string piecing into my day with my treadle sewing machine.
I have been working on 45 degree diamond string blocks. I blogged about cutting the papers here and covering the papers here


I've made progress.
I have enough done that I can start to think of creating a quilt with them. But it will have to wait it's turn.


If you are working on a string project, send me a link, I would love to see.


I am linking to
 SewCan She

rsc17 super saturday

8 comments:

  1. Your star quilt top is looking great! Your friends farmer's wife quilt looks amazing!!! I love your string diamond blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Floating Stars is beautiful!!! I think the strings quilt will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your star quilt has turned out very pretty. It's a neat pattern with the larger star. Your strings just seem to have multiplied overnight. Good going!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your restrained colour scheme for the stars really worked well. Almost done! And I love your string diamonds, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the star quilt with its stars in so many different sizes! Looks like your string diamonds are coming along, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BLUE scraps flying at your house (and Linda's house, too!!) Congrats to both of you on a couple of wonderful projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on the progress this month. My least favorite part is getting it to the top stage - making blocks is so much more fun! Very pretty farmers wife and love the scrappy strings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who wouldn't like a pattern by someone named crafty ol' broad!

    Lovely string diamonds too.

    ReplyDelete