Thursday, July 13, 2017

Scrap management


What is a scrap?
Depending on my mood, anything that can make a 1 1/2 inch strip to less than a fat quarter is a scrap. Sometimes anything 2 in strip or smaller is a string or crumb. depends on my mood.  I have some bigger chunks in my scrap drawer. I only put 1 yard or bigger on my shelves by color.

I set my timer for 15 minutes, and started cutting the 1 1/2 inch basket. While I was cutting for scraps, I have a plan for green 1 1/2 inch strips, so I started cutting from the green scrap drawer. Any green will do. I am not being picky.




I think I will have a nice assortment when I am done. I am hoping to sneak in some uglies that need to disappear.


But the 1 1/2 inch bin is too full to add anything. I will need to clean it out into the color bins for 1 1/2 inch strips.



I am linking to:
needle and thread thursdays
oh scrap
I may have a scrap problem 

2 comments:

  1. I cannot find myself cutting into strips. I never know what size I might need for a project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you have a system for making those decisions. I'm horrible about dealing with any of my scraps.

    ReplyDelete