Sunday, July 2, 2017

Stash report July 2 2017


This is bag 2 from the estate sale last week. 26 yards
One of the oldies has Georgia Bonesteel on the selvedge fabric. I remember reading and trying her lap quilting method, which is the 70s version of quilt as you go. I didn't know she designed fabric. What a fun treasure.

For string Saturday, i cut 45 degree diamond shapes for an idea I have. I tried piecing on the paper and it's fiddley so I might just cut the shape after sewing strings together. I did get a few more slabs sewn together.






Stash report

Fabric Used this Week 15 3/4 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 238 1/2 yards


Fabric Added this Week:26 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 223 yards


Net Fabric for 2017: 15 1/2 yards more used than added

The gap is getting smaller and smaller, but I have stayed on the positive side for 1/2 the year. That is better than I expected.


I am linking to:


Slow Sunday Stitching
sharing Sunday

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You have used quite a bit of fabric! Awesome! I love your idea: String Saturday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I love foundation piecing, it does seem to take a lot of time and sometimes I think I produce more scraps that what I began with. Enjoying your blog.

    ReplyDelete