Monday, July 31, 2017

one monthly goal mill girls bom

Mill girls is a completed top. I have added the last border....





and mitered the corners...


and it is ready to be quilted...




I have the back on the frame, and the binding ready to attach. The only reason it is not completely finished is that my husband said he thought the quilt deserved a wool batt and to be on our bed. I told him that would be expensive but he insisted, so I ordered one, but it hasn't come yet. The minute it does arrive, I will quilt and bind the quilt.

I can't believe it is this close to finished. I am ecstatic.

This was my one monthly goal for July,and my Ufo 2017 project, and I was afraid I would not get very far on it. I consider it a finish. Here I was at the beginning

I am linking to:
Making Monday
main Crush Monday

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous fabrics and layout. And I love that mitered corner to show off the border.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maggie,
    In this case, one should always listen to their DH. He is right. Love the quilt and I think it will look fabulous on your bed. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - those borders are beautiful. It does deserve the wool batting going to quilt up so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If your husband says go for something expensive, don't question it! Just go for it. It will be perfect for this lovely quilt. I absolutely love your borders. This is going to be a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful finish! You did a fantastic job on the mitered border. Congratulations! --Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a gorgeous finish! Congrats on all the progress this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt, lovely fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! How sweet of your husband to insist the quilt end up gracing your bed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful and wonderful corners! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your goal finish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful finish. Most don't tackle the mitered borders, but you did...lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! It's going to be wonderful and cozy with the wool bat.

    ReplyDelete