Friday, July 7, 2017

scrap treasures


I set my timer for 15 minutes, put my 2 inch strip cutter on the accuquilt studio, and started cutting through the bucket of 2 inch strips. When I had sorted a basket of scraps earlier, I had separated them according to what strip size I thought I could get out of each scrap. It was time to tackle the 2 inch bucket.



I use this size the most often and always need more in my strip drawer. so I am overly generous when dividing the scraps in favor of the 2 inch bucket.


I have an assortment of strips and leftovers.


These were the pieces left after the first pass that I wanted to send onto the 1 1/2 inch bucket.





These are the pieces I threw away


And these went into the string bucket.




The bin is getting full, I will need to sort them by color and put them into a bigger drawer. This drawer is just one I keep by the cutting table for easy drop in when I am cutting. I wait until the drawer is full before sorting them and putting them away.

I am linking to:
needle and thread thursdays
oh scrap
I may have a scrap problem 


I am linking to:
Finished or Not Fridays   
Whoop Whoop


2 comments:

  1. Looks like you made good use of those 15 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty amazing what can be accomplished in a mere 15 minutes. Good job!

    ReplyDelete