Wednesday, January 31, 2024

5 quilt report January 31, 2024

 Last report January 3, 2024

I try to work on these 5 quilts until they are done. Their turn in the UFO closet is over, and, they need to be finished one way or another. My top priority this year are the quilts in the to be quilted closet.

 I finished 3 ufos in January. I feel like I keep showing the same finishes too many times. But, I want to end the month of January, and, start planning the month of February.

I wanted to finish 2 quilts In the 'to be quilted closet' before I did any other UFOs. I finished....

1. too many circles -  finished too many circles 


2. carolina chain is finished. But, the weather has not cooperated with photos. 

 


I worked on these older Ufos to finish them

3. assembling rick rack nines was my One monthly goal for january. I made the goal and added it to the quilting list. This will be my February One monthly goal to have a finished quilt.



4. portage lake block of the month - open the box - I really really like this kit and quilt. But, I wonder if it is more than I want to do right now.



5. mini churndashes  - assemble -I have found the 6 inch churndashes that I planned to use in  the quilt I want to make. I am excited to combine 2 older ufos into one top. I have started the trimming, and, I have sewn a few twosies. It will be one of my regular piecing projects for social sewing and open sews in February.


February quilts to be quilted from the closet -top priority

I have a customer quilt on the frame now, but, soon...

1. falling charms


2. peek a boo bunnies

fun for the season

ufo projects for February

3. glitter - I worked a little with these blocks in January, and, will make them a part of my regular piecing projects in February. I have them all in twosies and a row together. There is a lot of seam matching.


4. churn dashes

5. split 9 patch -This is new for February. I will open the box and see where this older Ufo  is in the assembly stages. I am pretty sure all the blocks were finished as leader and enders in 2013. I have 245 of them. 


next on the longarm

1. rick rack nines

customer pause

2. show off

3. faux table runner

4. scrappy log cabin

5. lucky stars


I am linking:

9 comments:

  1. Three finishes is a great start to the year. You've got a nice mix of projects for February. Thankfully it's a leap year, so we all get one more day to meet our goals for the month. Good luck with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of accomplishments for January! Yeah for the finishes. And here's to good progress for February!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love how organized you are! You really keep things moving along. I look forward to seeing what you get done in February. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/01/31/wednesday-wait-loss-365

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've had really good success finishing up your UFOs with this plan! Good luck working on the next batch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got a lot done and it looks as though you'll be equally ambitious in February. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a ton of finishes for one month. You have been having fun in the sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have some great plans there! I am a bit jealous. I am just doing virtual quilting this month, away on a holiday. Stay safe and sew on !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your PHD progress in January! Three finishes; amazing, and how fun that one of them is Carolina Chain! I'm excited to see you you've quilted yours, since I have yet to decide what to do with mine. :o) Thank you for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love seeing your lists of projects. I love that Portage Lake quilt too. I didn't buy it because it had appliqué.

    ReplyDelete